REDES is committed to play an active part in bringing relevant solutions to the complex environmental and socio-economic challenges communities in the region are facing in their daily lives.
REDES envisions a green, prosperous and peaceful Sahel where all human communities enjoy natural abundance and cultural diversity.
The objectives of REDES are to :
- promote the best ecovillage practices to fulfill the vision of a green and peaceful Sahel,
- train local youth and women associations to regenerate and preserve the ecosystems of the region
- influence local leaders and decision-makers for the preservation of the Sahel environment and biodiversity
- promote social entrepreneurship for thriving green local businesses
- promote gender balance and social justice for more harmonious communities in the Sahel
- preserve our cultural heritage, sacred sites, traditional medicine and local technologies
- weave local and international alliances to strengthen peace-building, income generating and environmental friendly initiatives in the Sahel Region.
- educate partners from around the world on the Sahel socio-economic, cultural and environmental realities to build strong alliances with local decision makers and local actors..